Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker

Twice As Hard - 3
Jealous Again - 3
Sister Luck - 4
Could I've Been So Blind - 3
Seeing Things - 3
Hard To Handle - 4
Thick N' Thin - 3
She Talks To Angels - 4
Struttin' Blues - 3
Stare It Cold - 3
Don't Wake Me - 3
Total - 36 stars / 11 tracks = 3.27 stars

This is another one of those albums that I picked up because I liked a few of the tracks, those being "Hard To Handle" (which was covered by a band I was singing in, so it's got near-automatic 4-star status due to the nostalgia) and "She Talks To Angels." As it turns out, those ended up likely being the only tracks I will choose to listen to again, except for maybe "Sister Luck." The rest is a similar-sounding, mumbled Blues Rock, but I plan to listen to some other Black Crowes, since this was their debut album. I'm hoping they get better as they go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment