Thursday, November 5, 2009

David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

Five Years - 3
Soul Love - 4
Moonage Daydream - 4
Starman - 4
It Ain't Easy - 4
Lady Stardust - 3
Star - 3
Hang On To Yourself - 3
Ziggy Stardust - 4
Suffragette City - 5
Rock & Roll Suicide - 5
Total - 42 stars / 11 tracks = 3.82 stars

I choose to see this album as an example of my ability to be objective when reviewing. I didn't particularly "enjoy" this album (the last two tracks aside), but for nearly every song, I could reckognize a certain greatness about them. Some of the time (aka the 3-star tracks), I found it to be a little to obscure, maybe even a little boring, but the 4-star ones each have some kind of special sound or intangible coolness about them that make them better than the average song.

For anyone keeping track, this is the 3rd highest album rating I have ever given. I'm thinking pretty soon I will start posting some "Top 5" or "Top 10" lists. Anyone want to see that?

No comments:

Post a Comment