Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Helena - 3
Give 'Em Hell, Kid - 3
To The End - 3
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison - 3
I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - 3
The Ghost Of You - 3
The Jetset Life Is Going To Kill You - 3
Interlude - 3
Thank You For The Venom - 3
Hang 'Em High - 3
It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Death Wish - 3
Cemetery Drive - 3
I Never Told You What I Do For A Living - 4
Total - 40 stars / 13 tracks = 3.08 stars

At first, I got the inkling that this album was going to suck, with a first track that showcased the best they had before descending into screamo trash. As it turns out, the descent never really happened, but the music rarely got better. While it does frustrate me when people say that music is bad because "it all sounds the same," I think it's fair to not love a band because their music is so unengaging that it ends up blending into one, forgettable puddle of meh.

There was only one song ("I Never Told You What I Do For A Living") that I came close to particularly liking, and even that may have been inspired by just a slight enough originality that set it above the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment