Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You


Real World - 3
Long Day - 3
3 A.M. - 4
Push - 4
Girl Like That - 3
Back 2 Good - 3
Damn - 3
Argue - 3
Kody - 3
Busted - 3
Shame - 3
Hang - 3
Total - 38 stars / 12 tracks = 3.17 stars

There's something about this album that confused me. Part of me wanted to like it a lot more than I did, but there was an even stronger part telling me that it's not as good as I wanted to think it was. The problem is that there's nothing wrong with Yourself Or Someone Like You, it's more that any stand-out moments are just that, moments. Aside from the singles (whose 4-star status may, I admit be inflated by familiarity), there's no greatness to the songs. They're okay, with snatches of better-than-averageness that don't last long enough to make the songs themselves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment