Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bush (X) - Razorblade Suitcase

Personal Holloway - 4
Greedy Fly - 3
Swallowed - 4
Insect Kin - 4
Cold Contagious - 4
A Tendency To Start Fires - 3
Mouth - 4
Straight No Chaser - 3
History - 3
Synapse - 3
Communicator - 2
Distant Voices - 2
Total - 39 stars / 12 tracks = 3.25 stars


I don't know Nirvana very well, but I know that Bush (X at the time) does, and really really wants to be them. In their previous album, they have proven to have some skill at songwriting (I love Comedown), and there are bouts of good on this one as well. Toward the end, it gets kind of chaotic and experimental, but not in a way that struck me as being worth listening to again. The last track in particular has an orchestral squealing sort of thing happening that sounds like it was lifted from the soundtrack to a German Expressionist movie from the 20's. For all I know, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment