Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hoobastank - The Reason

Same Direction - 2
Out Of Control - 3
What Happened To Us ? - 2
Escape - 2
Just One - 3
Lucky - 3
From The Heart - 3
The Reason - 3
Let It Out - 3
Unaffected - 3
Never There - 2
Disappear - 3
Total - 32 stars / 12 tracks = 2.67 stars

I bought this album (yeah, I know) from Value Village (alright, I guess it's okay), with my 50% staff discount (almost forgivable) because I thought I liked the title track. At one point I was singing with a band that tried to cover it, but we had to scrap it because I couldn't sing the part. Apparently, in my mind, that gave "The Reason" some kind of mythical status, simply because Doug Robb could sing in a way that I couldn't. Then again, I can't sing like Macy Gray or Celine Dion, so I guess I should have known better. Anyway, it turns out I don't like the single as much as I thought I did. I liked the rest of the album even less.

No comments:

Post a Comment