Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003

Once - 4
Alive - 4
Even Flow - 4
Jeremy - 3
State Of Love And Trust - 3
Animal - 3
Go - 3
Dissident - 4
Rearviewmirror - 3
Spin The Black Circle - 3
Corduroy - 3
Not For You - 3
I Got ID - 4
Hail Hail - 3
Do The Evolution - 4
Save You - 3
Black - 5
Breath - 4
Daughter - 4
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town - 4
Immortality - 3
Betterman - 4
Nothingman - 4
Who You Are - 5
Off He Goes - 4
Given To Fly - 4
Wishlist - 4
Last Kiss - 4
Nothing As It Seems - 4
Light Years - 3
I Am Mine - 4
Man Of The Hour - 4
Yellow Ledbetter - 3
Total - 121 stars / 33 tracks = 3.67 stars

Thoughts:

I think that Jeremy is fairly overrated. As is usually my fear, it's probably because I "don't get it," but I just can't get into it. That may be because the first time I heard it was when Jason "Sundance" Head sang it for the 6th season of American Idol and was eliminated immediately afterward. It's by no means terrible, I just don't think it deserves its status as one of their most famous songs when better ones like "Black" are out there.

It's not often that I can listen to a double album and not get bored, longing to have a break. This one kept my attention from beginning to end.

I can't think of anything else, so I will finish this off with my Top 5 list of Greatest Hits albums (that I have listened to critically since May).

5. In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003
4. Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits
2. Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003
1. Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment