Friday, November 6, 2009

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Second Hand News - 4
Dreams - 3
Never Going Back Again - 4
Don't Stop - 4
Go Your Own Way - 3
Songbird - 2
The Chain - 4
You Make Loving Fun - 3
I Don't Wanna Know - 3
Oh Daddy - 3
Gold Dust Woman - 4
Total - 37 stars / 11 tracks = 3.36 stars

In its defense, "Rumours" has a lot working against it when I listen to it. "Why?" you might ask. Or you might not. In all likelihood, I am typing words that will never be read by human eyes. However, my hate-on for "Rumours" is not its own fault. It is the fault of Value Village. Due to the limited playlists of the radio system at work, I, and those I work with, will often hear the same song thrice during the same shift. On very rare occasions, these turn out to be songs that I will likely never get tired of hearing (aka Rob Thomas & Santana's "Smooth"), but in most cases, I would imagine that most people are like me, and learn to loathe the soundtracks to their worklives.

Listening to "Rumours," I heard not one, but four songs that I hear way too often. I apologize to Fleetwood Mac for not being able to appreciate their most famous album for all that it is worth, but I simply cannot love the songs I hear while doing the things I have to to earn a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment