Thursday, December 31, 2009

Creed - Weathered


Bullets - 3
Freedom Fighter - 3
Who's Got My Back? - 3
Signs - 2
One Last Breath - 3
My Sacrifice - 4
Stand Here With Me - 3
Weathered - 3
Hide - 3
Don't Stop Dancing - 4
Lullaby - 3
Total - 34 stars / 11 tracks = 3.09 stars

Of the two Creed albums I've listened to (the other one being My Own Prison), this one's probably my favourite. Keep in mind that I say favourite in the same way as I might say "Wow, that was my favourite bout of incontinence." It's the lesser of a few evils.

Now, that was maybe a little unfair, because there were a few tracks that I certainly did like, and listen to on repeat, I just can't avoid a good punchline. My formal apologies go out to Scott Stapp & co.

For starters, I can't NOT like "My Sacrifice." I liked it when it first came out, and then when they started using it for those inspirational Desire videos in the WWF, I became completely smitten.

My other favourite track, "Don't Stop Dancing," is shlocky, but pretty. It also helped me make some pocket change when I played and sang it at a church service.

The rest of the album is fairly standard, hard-ish rock. The one big blemish is "Signs," which tries way too hard to be reflective and controversial.

I have also taken some criticism before for cruelly poking fun at an album cover. I am going to do it again, although, with more of a fair reason. I appreciate what they're trying to go for with this picture, having their faces etched onto a tree, suggesting a more natural connection, but it's just poorly done. I just think that if you're going to try to do something artistic with your album art, you should make it look like it wasn't done by playing with the watermark features of MS Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment