Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weezer - Weezer [Blue Album]


My Name Is Jonas - 4
No One Else - 3
The World Has Turned And Left Me Here - 3
Buddy Holly - 3
Undone (The Sweater Song) - 3
Surf Wax America - 3
Say It Ain't So - 4
In The Garage - 4
Holiday - 3
Only In Dreams - 3
Total - 33 stars / 10 tracks = 3.30 stars

Before listening to this album, I have only been vaguely aware of Weezer. I know they're a band, that they did something with the Muppets, and that I rock at singing "Say It Ain't So" on Rock Band.

After listening to the album, I felt intrigued, but not as blown away as I was hoping. I had heard great things, and instead I got good things. I already knew (and enjoyed) "My Name Is Jonas" from Guitar Hero, so the only real "surprise" song I really like was "In The Garage." It's a fun song that appeals to unashamed nerddom. Line after line, I was like "I get that reference! I have also played Dungeons & Dragons! And HEY! I am also aware of Kitty Pryde, even though she's not one of the more mainstream X-Men!" Then I worried that they were making fun of me, and watched the Philip DeFranco show to cheer me up.

Aside from an occasional lyrical conventionality, there wasn't anything about this album that I didn't like, and plan to listen to some more Weezer in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment