Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pearl Jam - Vs.


Go - 4
Animal - 3
Daughter - 4
Glorified G - 3
Dissident - 4
W.M.A. - 3
Blood - 3
Rearviewmirror - 3
Rats - 4
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town - 4
Leash - 3
Indifference - 3
Total - 41 stars / 12 tracks = 3.42 stars

As embarrassing as it is to be a single-loving critic, most of the stuff I really liked off of "Vs." is the stuff that I had heard before. With the exception of "Rats," the rest of the 4-stars are either singles or have gotten more than their share of radio play (looking at you, "Elderly Woman...").

Compared to "Ten," this album also has its fair share of songs that I don't think are as great as the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans. My future brother-in-law's favourite PJ song, "Animal," for instance, has mumbly verses and a chorus that isn't great enough to make up for it.

I was hoping that this album was going to blow me away, much in the same way "Ten" did, but it's a pretty ridiculously tough act to follow. It does have, however, one of my favourite album covers. Boy, oh boy, does that sheep NOT want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment