Sunday, May 9, 2010

TRUSTcompany - The Lonely Position Of Neutral


Downfall - 3
Falling Apart - 3
Hover - 3
Running From Me - 3
Slipping Away - 2
Figure 8 - 3
Fear - 3
Deeper Into You - 2
Drop To Zero - 2
Finally - 3
Take It All - 3
Total - 30 stars / 11 tracks = 2.73 stars, normalized to 2.1 stars

I think I may have mild undiagnosed OCD. "Why?" you might ask. And I might answer that it is because I compulsively need to listen to every CD that is currently in my possession. And, since what is my fiancee's is mine, and what is mine is hers, as long as she asks first and puts the discs back in the case, that includes all of the albums that she collected during her high school life. For me, that period meant a lot of Matchbox Twenty albums and Big Shiny Tunes complications, while for her, there was stuff like TRUSTcompany. What should have been the biggest tip-off was that, in purging our album collection, she had put this into the "sell if we can, otherwise just get it out of my sight" pile. Somehow, I convinced myself that in salvaging this CD, I would be expanding my musical consciousness and would have developped yet another reference point in the ongoing discussion of music. I certainly wasn't right. Unless I happen to be in a discussion about slightly-worse-than-the-bad-side-of-okay early 2000's nu-metal (a discussion in which I would have literally nothing else to offer), I will never talk about this album again. Starting now.

1 comment: