Monday, November 23, 2009

Various Artists - Space Jam

Fly Like An Eagle - 3
The Winner - 2
Space Jam - 3
I Believe I Can Fly - 2
Hit 'Em High - 4
I Found My Smile Again - 2
For You I Will - 2
Upside Down - 3
Givin' U All That I've Got - 2
Basketball Jones - 2
I Turn To You - 3
All Of My Days - 3
That's The Way - 2
Buggin' - 2
Total - 35 stars / 14 tracks = 2.50 stars

I remember "Space Jam" fondly. If the movie is as bad as the soundtrack, I guess I can sum it all up to nostalgia. It IS possible to write a song inspired by a movie that doesn't suck ("Hit 'Em High") but apparently it's a rarety. Even the title track, ("Space Jam") is only really enjoyable for the first 30-seconds, as you are brought back to grade 6 dances, where people who couldn't dance gave up altogether to its fast beat.

"Basketball Jones" was particularly disappointing. Any project done with the joint efforts of Barry White and Chris Rock should be at least enjoyable. Instead, you get romantic-comedy Chris Rock and lending-his-voice-to-a-stupid-soundtrack Barry White. For shame.

Even more shame to Bugs Bunny. This is the second most disappointing track, since having Bugs rap has so much potential. Instead, you get him rambling through Fred Durst bad lyrics until whoever is doing his voice stops sounding like Bugs. For freaking shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment