Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Various Artists - Twilight





Muse: Supermassive Black Hole - 3
Paramore: Decode - 3
The Black Ghosts: Full Moon - 3
Linkin Park: Leave Out All The Rest - 3
Mute Math: Spotlight (Twilight Mix) - 4
Perry Farrell: Go All The Way (Into The Twilight) - 1
Collective Soul: Tremble For My Beloved - 3
Paramore: I Caught Myself - 4
Blue Foundation: Eyes On Fire - 3
Rob Pattinson: Never Think - 3
Iron & Wine: Flightless Bird, American Mouth - 3
Carter Burwell: Bella's Lullaby - 4
Total - 37 stars / 12 tracks = 3.08 stars

This is what you'd expect from the soundtrack for a movie like "Twilight," a combinations of songs (both good and bad) from the bands that appeal to the people who are going to see Twilight. Tweens are probably flocking to the album for a crack at the Rob Pattinson (yes, Edward Cullen, Rob Pattinson) track. I didn't love it, but I can understand why some would. The guitar part is enjoyable enough, but then he starts mumbling into the mic and I just get frustrated.

The one song that I especially hated was Perry Farrell's "Go All The Way (Into The Twilight)". It fades in and you're assaulted with an irritating chorus that sounds like it's being sung by an Asian girls choir trying to earn a spot on a YTV Big Fun Party Mix album. The chorus also ends with the word "twilight" which made me kind of want to puke.

Ultimately, these kinds of soundtracks aren't actually built for artistic credibility, they're just money grabs that I have now contributed to by bringing attention to it... Damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment