Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Beatles - 1


Love Me Do - 3
From Me To You - 4
She Loves You - 3
I Want To Hold Your Hand - 4
Can't Buy Me Love - 3
A Hard Day's Night - 4
I Feel Fine - 3
Eight Days A Week - 3
Ticket To Ride - 3
Help! - 4
Yesterday - 4
Day Tripper - 4
We Can Work It Out - 4
Paperback Writer - 4
Yellow Submarine - 4
Eleanor Rigby - 5
Penny Lane - 4
All You Need Is Love - 4
Hello, Goodbye - 4
Lady Madonna - 3
Hey Jude - 4
Get Back - 4
The Ballad Of John And Yoko - 4
Something - 4
Come Together - 4
Let It Be - 4
The Long And Winding Road - 3
Total - 101 stars / 27 stars = 3.74 stars

I'm tempted to not even write anything for this review. It's a great album, but how could it not have been? The album is made up of all of the #1 hits (whether in North America or England) of the most successful band in history. It's no secret that I, and most of the world, love the Beatles and this album is a testament as to why.

I find some of their earlier music to be safe, and single-minded. Every other track's title involves either the words "love," "me," or "you," making up safe (at least in the modern day), sometimes even a little bland songs.

Once we get to "Help!," the singles hit their stride, becoming nearly infallible. I've never loved "Lady Madonna" or "The Long And Winding Road," mainly because of a lack of hook.

I know there's nothing particularly insightful in this blurb, mainly because this album is what it is, a one-stop shop for most of the Beatles' most popular songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment