Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed


Gimme Shelter - 4
Love In Vain - 3
Country Honk - 4
Live With Me - 4
Let It Bleed - 3
Midnight Rambler - 3
You Got The Silver - 3
Monkey Man - 3
You Can't Always Get What You Want - 4
Total - 31 stars / 9 tracks = 3.44 stars, normalized to 3.7 stars

What do you say about an album that you listened to over a month ago? You're going to get a lot of statements like this over the next few album reviews, since I am now 21 CD's behind. I've done a ton of listening, but no reviewing since mid-April.

What I do particularly remember enjoying about Let It Bleed was that 1) I had never actively listened to the Stones before, and was worried that it was going to go entirely over my head. It's possible that I've still missed out on some of the greatness, but I'm still quite impressed. 2) "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is an amazing track. It's the kind of thing that you will sing along to, regardless of whether or not you are walking past a car lot, with people giving you funny looks. I know that last part from first-hand experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment