Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Senses Fail - Let It Enfold You


Tie Her Down - 3
Lady In A Blue Dress - 3
You're Cute When You Scream - 3
Buried A Lie - 2
Bite To Break Skin - 3
Rum Is For Drinking, Not For Burning - 3
Slow Dance - 3
Choke On This - 2
NJ Falls Into The Atlantic - 2
Let It Enfold You - 3
Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday - 3
Angela Baker & My Obsession With Fire - 2
Martini Kiss - 2
Total - 34 stars / 13 tracks = 2.62 stars, normalized to 1.8 stars

I don't think anyone's ever actually tried to teach me that if I didn't have anything nice to say that I shouldn't say anything. Obviously, even if they did, I haven't heeded it, since I'm doing this gig. Regardless, I didn't hate the album enough to spew vitriolic curses against it. Nonetheless, while some Pop-Punk albums have the ability to crossover and impress folk who are not fans of the genre (me), this one does not. It promotes what I like least about the style (angsty vocal lines supported by irritating lyrics) without any extra-genre easter eggs to make up for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment